WELCOME TO IMSH!
The International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) is a scientific conference that explores the latest innovations and best practices in healthcare simulation. IMSH provides the tools and resources healthcare professionals need to advance their skills, impact change in delivery systems and practice, and, ultimately, to improve patient safety.
This year, for the first time in its 22-year history, IMSH will be a truly hybrid event. We will have an in-person event, of course, along with a virtual IMSH Delivers! offering. Between in-person and virtual, IMSH will again offer hundreds of industry-leading and shaping presentations, cementing the event's place as the world's premier healthcare simulation education learning event. Access to presentations will begin in January.
The IMSH Planning Committee
Questions or Concerns?
For questions concerning registration and payment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions on membership, please contact the SSH Membership Department at email@example.com
For questions concerning exhibiting or sponsorship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions concerning program content or presenting, contact email@example.com
For questions concerning technical issues during the conference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Future IMSH dates
January 15-19, 2022 Los Angeles, CA -- Los Angeles Convention Center
January 21-25, 2023 Orlando, FL
January 20-24, 2024 San Diego, CA
FAQs (updated regularly)
What Covid-19 guidance is SSH following for IMSH? Are masks required?
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) has been continually monitoring the health and safety guidelines posted by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as state, Los Angeles county, and Los Angeles city authorities in California. SSH continues to be vigilant to the changing situation regarding COVID. It is our desire to ensure the safety of our in-person attendees in Los Angeles at IMSH 2022.
Requirements have changed recently for the county of Los Angeles. These may change again between now and IMSH 2022. Per current county ordinance:
Masks ARE REQUIRED in any indoor settings.
Full vaccination OR a negative test performed within 24 hours (antigen test) OR within 48 hours (PCR test) of entry ARE REQUIRED for indoor events, dining, bars, gyms, etc.
PLEASE CLICK HERE for full information regarding IMSH 2022 and COVID-19 vaccine and mask requirements.
You will be asked to check a box in registration as follows:
“By clicking on this box, I agree that I will follow the health and safety recommendations and guidelines as posted regarding COVID for in-person attendance at IMSH 2022. I also agree that I will follow any required steps as decided by the SSH Board of Directors in accordance with CDC, state, and local guidelines. Checking on this box does not limit my ability to transfer my registration to IMSH Delivers 2022 attendance if I should desire to do so.”
Do I have to be a member of SSH to attend IMSH?
- No, you don't have to be a member to register. However, significant registration discounts are available to members of SSH. (Renew or join NOW to immediately receive member pricing!)
Where do I register for IMSH and IMSH Delivers?
- You can register here.
To change your existing on-site IMSH 2022 Registration to IMSH Delivers virtual only:
- Log into your existing registration at www.imsh2022.org/registration and click the blue button that says “Click here to select and view available sessions”
- Click on “My Briefcase” and go to any remove any existing onsite sessions.
- Click the “My Details” button
- Use the “Jump to Page” menu to navigate to the Registration Fees page
- Select your virtual package and click through to the end to receive a new confirmation.
- Please remember to cancel any hotel reservations you may have made http://www.imshhotels.com/, and alert email@example.com if you were scheduled to present in Los Angeles.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your IMSH registration.
What does it cost to attend IMSH Delivers?
- The cost varies depending on several factors. Please see our official rate guide. If you have questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com.
Where is IMSH being held in person this year?
- IMSH 2022 is being held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, in Los Angeles, California.
- Address: 1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, California. 90015 (see map)
How do I obtain a VISA letter to travel to the conference?
After you have completed and paid for your IMSH registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your letter. SSH only provides VISA letters to registered attendees, and individuals must request their own letters. SSH will not send letters to anyone but the registered attendee.
I have a question about hotels for IMSH.
- All information regarding IMSH hotels can be found here.
How do I get into the Exhibit Hall?
- We have several options for registration and entry into the IMSH Exhibit Hall. Check them out here.
How do I get the IMSH 2022 app?
- Go here, or to your App store.
- Search for “SSH Events”. It will show the SSH logo on the app.
- Download it.
- Now that you have the app installed ...
How do I connect my IMSH account to the app?
- Open the app and select IMSH 2022.
- Click the blue “Download” button.
- You will see the home screen, along with tutorial popups (you will see these throughout the app).
- Click the gear icon at the top right.
- Click “Sync to My Schedule Here”
- Enter your email (that matches your IMSH registration) and last name in the provided fields.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: You can star courses and add them to your schedule in the app at any time. However, the user must be connected to internet and sync their schedule for a full, valid session entry.
How do I add and/or delete courses in the IMSH 2022 app?
- Start at the home screen. (Bottom left house icon will get you there.)
- Click the “events” button/icon
- You will see sessions by date and time.
- Tap on the session to open it and view more information.
- Tap the star icon next to the session you want to add. It will change from gray to yellow when selected.
- To remove a session, tap the star icon again. It will change from yellow to gray.
How many Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) units can I receive for attending IMSH?
- A maximum of 25 continuing education hours may be earned at IMSH 2022.
How do I claim IPCE credit?
- You will complete a presentation evaluation for all sessions attended. You will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your online evaluations. Contact email@example.com if you do not receive the link to the evaluations.
Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) Certificate
You will receive IPCEs for each course you’ve attended or viewed during IMSH. The collection of recorded sessions that will be available to you for IMSH 2022 will be live until December 31, 2022. You will however be able to download your IPCE credits to date at any time.
Before accessing your IPCE certificate, we ask that you complete an evaluation form for each session attended to help us better understand how you will use information learned in your work. The data collected through these questions is used to improve future programming and provide more of the educational topics you need to improve practice.
You will be emailed a personalized link to access your transcript, complete your evaluation forms and print your certificates.
For questions regarding the administration of your IPCE credit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In support of improving patient care, the Society for Simulation in Healthcare is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive a maximum of 25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
Can I register my group at one time?
- Group registration is available for groups of five or more.
How do I schedule my sessions?
- Use the IMSH Scheduler, a comprehensive online guide and scheduling tool for all of the content available to you for both in-person and virtual content.
Will I receive electronic materials for sessions?
- We encourage presenters to use electronic versions of course materials, however, the distribution of course materials is at the discretion of the course director for each presentation. Presenters do have the option of uploading course materials to the IMSH virtual platform.
What is IMSH’s Cancellation Policy?
Registrations must be canceled in writing for the refund of any registration fees paid. Cancellations for the Conference must be received in writing no later than 5:00 pm (EST) on Thursday, December 30, 2021.
- Cancellation on or before Thursday, December 30, 2021: Full refund minus a $200.00 per person processing fee
- A change from an onsite registration to a virtual registration must be made no later than 5:00 pm (EST) on Thursday, December 30, 2021. On or before Thursday, December 30, 2021: Full refund of any price difference. After Thursday, December 30, 2021: No refund for any price difference.
- The cancellation policy further defined in the registration Terms and Conditions.
In the event that SSH cannot hold an in-person meeting due to federal, state, local or facility conditions or restrictions, the following applies:
1. Registrant may transfer registration to IMSH Delivers 2022
2. Registrant may transfer registration to IMSH 2023 in Orlando
3. Registrant may cancel registration (cancellation fee applies)
Do students, interns or residents receive a discounted registration rate?
- Full-time students receive a discounted registration rate. You will need to upload documentation of your full-time student or resident status.
Can registrations be shared or transferred to another name if I can't make it?
- NO, IMSH registration cannot be transferred.
If I miss the registration deadlines, can I still register for IMSH?
- Once registration is closed on January 19, 2022, you will no longer be able to register for IMSH 2022. IMSH Delivers virtual content will be available for registered attendees until the end of 2022.
Does SSH accept electronic wire transfers as a form of payment?
- Yes, you can find payment instructions here.
How can I help spread the word about IMSH to my network?
- You can add an IMSH Facebook frame to your profile image. Also, please use the #IMSH2022 hashtag on all your social media posts and send interested people to IMSH2022.org.
- Frame instructions:
- Click “Update Photo” on your Facebook profile image.
- In the “Update Profile Picture” window, select “Add Frame”.
- In the “Add a Frame to Your Profile Picture” window, type “IMSH 2022” in the search bar.
- Select the frame.
- Adjust/position your image if necessary.
- Click the blue “Use as Profile Picture” button.
Who attends IMSH?